Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Madewell Charade Blazer and J Crew Sparkle Bow Top Review

I recently purchased the Madewell Archive Boots here in English Saddle.  I have been looking for a cream tuxedo jacket since last winter and saw the Charade Blazer.  The boots did not work out.  They were beautiful, but unbeknownst to me, both my daughter and I have "fat" calves.  I even got the extended size and she could get them on naked but nothing else, no tights, no jeans, etc :)  I ended up getting her Frye Paige Tall Riding Boots here in Cognac.
 
The Sparke Bow Top is really sweet.  This is a size 10 - I have very square shoulders and am a 36D.  It fits great.  It is double layered and with a nude bra you are not exposed.  The bows have little black sequins on them.  I had to get the shopper who pops up on the J Crew website to help me locate this.  She took my info and told me she would let me know in 48 hrs. if she could get it.  She never did get back with me but it arrived on my doorstep 72 hrs later.  I wore it Saturday downtown with my Catch Colored Jeans by Sanctuary in Mint here.  I do like it with the blazer but actually prefer the black tank better.
 
The Madewell Charade Blazer was exactly what I was looking for..price point included.  It is 100% rayon and fully lined. It is also a size 10.   Very happy with both purchases

J Crew Sparkle Bow Top here
Madewell Charade Blazer here
Banana Republic Sloan Fit Pinstripe similar
 

With older J Crew Silk Cami
 

1 comment:

  1. I think the Frye Paige are much cuter. Something about that Madewell boot looks stocky, which is not going to flatter a fuller calf. You look sooooo good in the charade blazer. It makes you look like a size 2. Even if I am happy w/my size, 2 always sounds good to me. lol

    ReplyDelete