Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Dresses, Skirts, and a Great Target Buy



I am just not a dress/skirt person.  I have tried over the many, many years to be but it just doesn't seem to work out for me.  So...now that I am turning over a new leaf, I thought I'd give it a whirl.  First up my "Funeral" dress:
Coldwater Creek Belt here
Banana Republic Navy Lightweight Wool Sheath here
 

It is fully lined TTS and I got it during their 30% off  everything.  The belt is ...meh.  It looks cheap to me but I was kind of desperate.  I got a M/L and should have gone with the S/M.  Couple of other looks:
 

 

I also got a skirt.  Guess what?  It's navy also.
 
Ann Taylor Lace Pencil Skirt here
J Crew Sweater similar here
Rebecca and Drew Shirt here
 
I love the skirt.  It is very comfortable, i.e. a bit of stretch.  The Rebecca and Drew shirt I can not gush enough about.  Having big boobs has always caused gaping in buttondowns.  Not with these:
Not easy to do.  But see ...no gaping

I bought it last year, costs a small fortune but am saving up for one more. This next dress I bought for my son's graduation in May 2012.  Well it did not arrive until the end of July.  I had forgotten all about it until the UPS guy dropped it at my door.  I loved it, my daughter loved it, and my hubby loved it.  It is a thicker knit and very well made.  The color is adriatic blue.  Yes I paid full price, no I did not get it at all when I needed it but that doesn't seem to matter cuz it makes me feel beautiful - no shape wear needed!  Warning...I am 5'6 and got the 53" length.  The length is perfect for flats.  Any taller and you would see your ankles.
Peruvian Connection here
Now two Ann Taylor dresses..told you I was going for it. 
Faux Leather Ponte Sheath Dress here
Hard to tell from the picture but it looks great.  Again I shopped on line during their 30% off.  I am wearing a size 10 and will exchange for an 8.  This is a very thick jersey - holds like shape wear- and therefore I can get away with a smaller size, just a bit too big.  The faux leather at the shoulders looks expensive.  I love it!
Ann Taylor 3/4" Sleeve Jersey Wrap Dress here
This dress is in the Deep Plum Wine color.  More plum than wine.  The top is a true wrap while the bottom is a faux wrap.  Not as thick of jersey as the Sheath Dress but thick enough not to need shapewear.  It drapes very nicely.  This is size 10 and I will keep this one.  Still get hung up with the sash/belt.  I need to learn how to tie a proper bow.
 
Lastly, my Target find of the month:
Mossimo Women's Ponte Jacket Cherry Peony here
I got it for $25 on special.  Do try on your size and as many as they have to find the one that fits you the best.  Remember this is Target - quality control is so-so.  I tried on three until I found the one both arms were comfortable in.  The button is a bit high but I will be wearing it unbuttoned and with sleeves rolled up.  Just doesn't look right with sleeves unrolled.  It is fully lined but the outer material is more sweatshirty.  Very casual blazer but great for the price point.
With Ann Taylor skirt, Rebecca and Drew Blouse, Coldwater Creek Belt
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I have started looking at Ann Taylor again recently as well. There's never anything earth-shatteringly exciting but they make great, easy work clothes. Love the wrap dress on you!

    ReplyDelete