Tuesday, January 28, 2014

My Very First Tory




Oh joy, it is freakin' snowing...again.  So this is what winter is.  I'm over it.  I do not want to hear from anyone about my pussifititis when it comes to snow.  We are NOT suppose to get it more than twice a year and only 0.005 inches.  Just not prepared physically or mentally.

Usually my winter wardrobe is basically my fall wardrobe plus a jacket, maybe an occasional coat thrown on a dozen times.  Lots of long tees with warm cozy cardigans is really all I need.

Not this year!  I have worn my puff daddy coat...that only makes it on walks and in the past, football games.. more times this year than double I have worn in the past five years.  I used to love it but now I am sick of it.

Barbour

I have also ditched my Stuart Weitzman booties for these babies...


I have no shame when it comes to staying warm.

So Even though I am desperate for milder weather...or at least not the roller coaster we've 
been on...I am once again looking at sweaters.  I have discovered, when it's cold I want
 jeans/corduroys and just a pull on cashmere  sweater (some of you call it a jumper). 
 I have four J Crew cashmere vnecks.  Grey, navy, light blue, and white.  
They are in constant rotation and I am sick on them too.

This looks perfect except it is wool, poly, alpaca, and camel.  CAMEL?!



Or this...

Cotton, poly, angora

 This is ideal but they can't get it to me until March...



Well thank you Patpat.  Love her.  She suggested I look at Tory Burch and one item in particular.  
Not being a Tory fan...sorry I just always think of this...

JUST CAN'T DO IT.

But look what Patpat picked out for me.


TB
On Me...


Well hello ladies!  Hunter loves this part.


The neck stays up


Side vents and Cricket makes an appearance for Emily.


Very pretty detailing



I now officially own my very first Tory Burch.

Which should be my next purchase?

Tory Burch 2014 Resort Collection


I'll stick with her solids.



21 comments:

  1. Very nice, I've always stayed away from tunics thinking they looked too boxy but with boobs, I 'm loving it.
    I too mooch about in the outfit above most of the winter, warmth is everything.
    is jumper number three Tory too? I luff it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one pair of sweat pants that I am wearing in the house...tempted to wear outside...that desperately need to be washed but I have nothing else so warm and cozy. Sweater #3 is by Vince through Nordstroms. I do not own any Vince but boy is it pretty.

      Delete
    2. Oh BB, my mum has only seen me in grey sweats ( ripped at the bottom) for months, I can't believe that they have ripped and that this is their last season. Yep, loves it.

      Delete
    3. I have worn and washed mine so many times they are high waters from shrinkage. Of course, my big woolly socks keep the ankles warm. i may need to burn them after this winter.

      Delete
  2. I was just looking at that gray TB sweater online yesterday, nice choice! I bought a Vince sweater from TJ Maxx this winter and it was perfect except it had camel in it. Camel! It came home with me, but I couldn't make myself wear it (because of camel) so back it went. I hope this isn't a trend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep eyeballing the Vince sweaters. Was the camel itchy?

      Delete
    2. I'm not sure if it was itchy. I think I had a psychological issue with it more than anything.

      Delete
  3. I think this is fabulous on you! Love it! Tory Burch does some very nice things indeed.
    More snow... stay warm, you're right, not supposed to happen! My Dad lives in Georgia and he always calls me when it snows to tell me how stupid everyone acts, lighting fires inside (not in fireplaces) etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just crazy weather. It was 6F this time last week, warmed up to 52F on the week end and now back down to 15F. No wonder everyone keeps getting sick. Auburn University cancelled today and tomorrow...my son is delighted he gets snow days.

      Delete
  4. That really suits you and I can see why Hunter likes it too! I like the conservative/sexy mix going on and I must say I like gray and i think it suits almost all complexions. Do you konw I own nothing from Tory B!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first Tory and Patpat did me well/good. Just don't look at because of the crazy ass prints. Kinda like Kate Spade. The first and only time I went in her store she had astro turf covered handbags...have never looked at her stuff again.

      Delete
  5. I love it BB! I find that Tory's stuff sometimes veers off into Lands End Mumsy Land, but so much is just gorgeous, like this sweater! I would personally wear a cami under it for my girls, but I think it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to wear to inlaws for brunch but my hubs told me not to bend over or I'd give Papa Joe an eyeful. A cami is needed except for date night.

      Delete
  6. It's great on you. I never looked at her stuff either because she's so big on prints and I'm not. I may have to order this. Everlane has some nice v-necks but they're standard, no detail. I really like this detailing. Highlights the "girls" beautifully. Shame doesn't enter the equation if you're cold! Camel is supposed to be extremely soft but it's scratchy on me. Almost everything is except cashmere. Lucky me. Hope you get a break in the weather very soon. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like you, my skin loves either 100% cashmere or 100% cotton. Such a princess. We ended up getting roughly 4 inches of snow. It is starting to melt but still cold cold cold.

      Delete
  7. So glad you tried this sweater as it looks fabby on you! I do not wear prints either but I saw this sweater on 9 to 5 fashion blog and loved the details. I love camel color with gray so do you have a camel tank or tee you could wear underneath? You could do a simple lace cami too! Do you have any shorter skirts to wear with this like denim of knit skirts with ankle boots or tall boots. Just some ideas. Enjoy your snow. We have it too in North Carolina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's my girl! I had not thought of wearing a camel colored cami...I'll give it a go. It really is beautiful and soft and damn near perfect. Thank you again for suggesting this tunic and the styling ideas. Emily is going through sorority rush this week at Elon. She is going to freeze her gushy off. Stay safe and warm.

      Delete
  8. I'm not much of a prints person either, although I have ventured into plaids, polka dots, and stripes from time to time..........but that's about it. Love your sweater on you! Stay warm, I've been hearing horror stories out of Altanta. I'm sick of winter too, but we're only halfway through......I don't know what I'd do without wool with cotton turtlenecks underneath, cashmere, and wool jackets and coats...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never really needed all the wool and stuff until this year. I am actually trolling for shearling lined gloves. The snow will all be melted away by tomorrow lunch.

      Delete
  9. Love that sweater! I don't have any Tory Burch items. I have the opposite problem - her prints aren't quite obnoxious enough for me. :) I am drooling over her Merida dress, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny. The Merida dress is beautiful...no print just lacy femininity.

      Delete