Thursday, January 16, 2014

Clothes Review..a Bit of Everything

First, for those who were losing sleep over it, my neighbors finally got rid of the Christmas deer head.  With the warmer weather, it was looking more Halloweeny…the black crows were everywhere.

Next…

I have a few more things in my closet.  I did pull out some older things to make room.  Who knew I was a sock hoarder.  I live in the south, shit you're lucky I wear shoes.  However, I have a ton of socks and you would not believe the "hosiery" I have collected.

My First Net a Porter purchase:

Duffy 

Bunch of money (but I had gift cards).


Athleta purchase:

I know, not quite the same impact.  This one was free with my coupons!


They arrived on the same day.

Guess which is which.


Should be easy now.



I have enough black tissue paper for years now.


Let's review sweater first.

There were tags everywhere.  A bit longer in front.  Very soft, light weight but warm.

  
Detail at shoulder and the length of arm at the bottom.  look harder you'll see what I'm trying to get at.  The arms are just the right width…not tight..for my Madonna biceps.



Detail trim at the front.


At the bottom.


And the neck. 


Now the shirt..

Told you I had them.  My bicep seems to have fallen slightly to my tricep area.  Anyway, the sleeves are different but this is an exercise shirt.


The girls are quite demur.


I liked the tag.


Together


The shirt was on sale…but I got for free (of course I spent money to get the coupons, sigh).  Not even worth the sale price in my opinion.  I like it, but I could have gotten at Kmart for $10.  The sweater I really do like.  Just not sure if I am a waterfall sweater person.  I think the girls may be a bit big for this style.  Awful lot of money for something I am not totally in love with.  But…I now know a $300 sweater and it is remarkably better made, tailored, trimmings, etc.  It's hanging in my closet, just not sure if it's staying.





18 comments:

  1. I love the colour but I don't like waterfall cardigans, I find them a bit too messy, all that flapping just annoys me. You did ask! Well no you probably didn't but as you aren't sure, I am wading in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make me feel even more endowed...which I really don't need. Never afraid of an honest answer.

      Delete
  2. First of all, I love your blog as I am from the South too and it makes me laugh out loud. One can never laugh too much these days. I love the sweater but take a look at Tory Burch cashmere tunic on her website. On sale for $198 and has wonderful reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks baby. I do like the tunic a lot. Says there are two left in my size. If they are still available tomorrow I just might give it a go.

      Delete
  3. I think a blonde in light grey cashmere is very classy! Hard call as it could be the kind of thing you end up wearing all the time. I've only ordered from NetaPorter once but the packaging was very fancy and made the lingerie I ordered seem even MORE special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was quite impressed by everything with NAP. Shipped fast and oh so beautifully. The sweater really is gorgeous...the style I'm just not sure. Need to play around a bit more with it.

      Delete
  4. there is a time and a place for a waterfall cardie. Cant elucidate further than that but I will say that if you got some puppies then a brooch is needed otherwise it looks like you are trying to hide your boobs and they neer seem to stay in place.( both boobs and cardies)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately all my brooches...I had two...we're stolen this summer along with the rest of my jewelry. Bastards.

      Delete
  5. I love the light grey color on you and the sweater looks very well made.
    That said i am not into waterfall cardis,as they just hanging and need to be readjusted all the time.
    I had one once and never wore it:(
    Love NAPs packing,it makes you feel special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm...they look good on tall skinny people. But then so did that DKNY cozy that was an epic fail for me.

      Delete
  6. I love waterfall cardigans, but I'm slightly endowed ;). The color is fabulous. I bought several things from NAP last year and only kept one of the goodies. But I did keep that black box when I returned the things that didn't work. Love that box! Small things entertain me. I was wondering about that deer head. BTW...sometimes it works to wrap the cardi closed and belt it. Worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll give the belt a try. The packaging from NAP was really quite impressive.

      Delete
  7. I think you can rock that waterfall cardie - it is a great, classic colour. NAP have the best packaging - I have an embarrassingly large number of those boxes which I use for storing various bits and pieces. It's scary to think of how much $$ they represent....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that cardigan on you! I have a few, and if cut right can be slimming and you look fabulous in this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Going to play with it again and decide if it makes me have too much boobage

      Delete
  9. I think it's a beautiful color on you and I love the detailing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I just have the horrors of the DKNY cozy still in my head. It really is beautiful.

      Delete