Wednesday, March 20, 2013

J Crew Maritime Blazer in Stripe

J Crew Maritime Blazer in Stripe.  On Model:
 
Maritime blazer in stripe
 
On Me:
Size M, Ivory Dark Cove (basically white and Blue)
It says it has bracelet sleeves but that's a LIE!  I promise I do not have short arms.  They come right to my wrist.  I do like them pushed up a bit.
Usable pocket if needed.
The on line product shots make the pockets look a bit odd to me.  Everything lines up just beautifully.  I like the buttons too.  Two in front and one at each sleeve.
I forgot to take a shot of the back.  There is a vent.
Unlined except for this at the back and it is just light weight cotton I think, same material used for pockets.  Not sure why they placed it..a better sewer than I may know.
The inside seems are done very nicely.
Stretchy.
 
I really do like this.  It fits my casual lifestyle.  I found it comfortable and actually runs a bit small.  I have very square shoulders and am a 36D.  I take a 10 in every jacket and thought the large would be my size...nope.  I also wear a M in tshirts but usually a L in anything that buttons.  Hope that helps.  It is presently $118 plus an additional 25% to 30% if you spend over $150.  It's a keeper.
 
 


10 comments:

  1. This blazer looks great on you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BB - you are making me think... I know Dani's sister loved it as well and this would be colour story for me... hmmm.. much to think about as it is a good deal.. Love it on you and thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although it was already on my radar Dani's sister's review prompted me to at least try it on...one of the few things they carry at my store.

      Delete
  3. Yes, I remember Dani's sister loving it. Well, you wear it well and it really looks great on you. Liking the stretchy factor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like clothes that allow you to move and found this one fits the bill.

      Delete
  4. I like that colourway! My sister liked the black one but she wears all black all the time so there you go. Personally I'd go for the white and blue, now you just need a refreshing cocktail in your hand and you are ready for summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The other color did nothing for me. ready for the cocktail!

      Delete
  5. You look fab in it! I keep thinking I need to grow up and find another clothing store that caters more to my age group (as in, old enough to be a JC model's birth mother), but when items like the Maritime Blazer look so good on others a bit older than models, maybe it's okay to keep shopping there, albeit selectively. Thanks for posting all the photos and reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think the blazer is age appropriate for all. J Crew has gotten a bit juvenile and yet expensive. Not sure what demographic they're going for. Thanks for your positive reviews!

      Delete