Thursday, January 24, 2013

What to wear, what to wear.

I have a wonderful event coming up in a bit over a month and as usual I have nothing to wear!  It is an annual wine auction and dinner at our local museum.  Fancy and fun.  Last year I wore this beautiful outfit:

These Palazzo pants looked like a long skirt until you moved and then SURPRISE! SURPRISE!
I love them but can not risk wearing them again to this event.  I want something different.  I mean different but elegant, ladylike, graceful, stunning.  Too much to ask for?  Here are my choices:
 
Lora Maxi Dress
Simple, yet beautiful.  But is it too safe?
 
Palm Canyon Dress
Love.  Everything but the color, that is.  Will I look like I have jaundice?
 
Penelope Dress
This is perfect for the event at a museum.  But can I pull this off?  Is this a man repeller?
 
I am working with a wonderful online consultant with Anthropologie.  She has put together several outfits.  I will order the dresses (free shipping), try them all on, decide, return the unwanted dresses (free returns).  Thoughts?  Ideas? Critiques?

2 comments:

  1. The first one is my favorite! Beautiful blue and gorgeous details. I think it would be perfect for the event. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. And it is on sale. I am just trying to step out of the box a bit. There is just something about the third one that I like. Just afraid I will look like I am wearing a sack.

      Delete