Tuesday, October 30, 2012

J Crew MacAlister Wedge Boots

MacAlister wedge boots
I went shopping a few weeks ago and imagine my surprise when I actually saw these bad boys in my local store.  At first, I thought they were just display objects and then I realized they were actually the shoes I had been considering after reading someone's beautiful review ( I wish I could remember and give due credit).  I had been thinking Mink but they had Nut and it was exactly what I wanted.. tan but with gray.  They had the laces done funky, which was real annoying.  I asked why and the salesman said, "I don't know.  It's J Crew."  Okay.
On me.  Give me just the right amount of boost.  They already have a generous foot bed:
Hopefully you can see the heel pad.  There is also a foot pad.  Kind of like a built in foot petals.
I find them extremely comfortable.  Just like a Clarks Wallabee's more sophisticated cousin.  I wear a size 9 and found them true to size.  I also thought they made my feet look a little smaller (always a good thing).  I'm sure someone can rock them with skirts, shorts, bikini, but I will be sticking with jeans and cords (straight, boot, flare - not sure about skinny).
 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. I have been looking at these gorgeous wedges for a while and I just can't decide on the color. One minute I want it black and the next nut. I think you have me convinced on nut now. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like that the wedge part blends nicely with the nut color. I really do love these shoes and am sure you will be equally delighted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with these shoes because they are a great fit for my lifestyle. Thanks so much for the review. Think I'm going to pick up the blue pair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I like those too. My store only had the nut and black. Hmmm, Christmas is coming soon :)

      Delete
  4. Hi! Great site! I'm trying to find an email address to contact you on to ask if you would please consider adding a link to my website. I'd really appreciate if you could email me back.

    Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete